We at House of Nutrition believe in maintaining a healthy and happy life. Throughout life, your body will go through many changes and will need different nutrients depending on what transitions are occurring. One of the biggest changes females can experience is pregnancy. It is a very exciting time but can also be a challenge to ensure you are fueling your body, and your future child’s body, with the right nutrients.
We are experts in the health supplement industry and are here to help ensure that you and your baby are as healthy as possible. As you may or may not know, there are several vitamin supplements that pregnant women should and should not consume while expecting. Here’s a guide to help you find the perfect combination of health supplements to support you and your little bundle of joy.
Vitamins To Help During Pregnancy
Here are a few vitamin supplements we at House of Nutrition recommend pregnant women take:
- Prenatal Vitamins: The obvious vitamin to take during pregnancy is a prenatal vitamin. These vitamins meet the increased demand for micronutrients that are needed while pregnant. They can reduce preterm birth and preeclampsia, both are dangerous complications that can occur during pregnancy.
- Folate: Also known as vitamin B, folate in an important nutrient for pregnant women to consume because it plays a vital role in DNA synthesis, red blood cell production, and the overall growth and development of the baby.
Iron: Critical for the transportation of oxygen in the body, iron plays an integral role in the healthy growth and development of the baby and placenta.
Ginger: A common symptom of pregnancy is nausea and vomiting. Ginger has been known to alleviate these symptoms.
Vitamins To Avoid During Pregnancy
Similar to vitamins that pregnant women should consume, there are also vitamins that should be avoided during pregnancy including:
- Vitamin A: While this vitamin is important for vision development and immune system functionality in babies, too much of it can be harmful. The reason being the accumulation of too much can lead to liver damage and birth defects.
- Vitamin E: Adding vitamin E supplements into your diet when pregnant can lead to outcomes of either the mother or child having an increased risk of abdominal pains or premature rupturing of the amniotic sack.
- Goldenseal: This supplement is typically used to treat respiratory infections but when consumed during pregnancy, it can be harmful to your child. It has been linked to worsening jaundice in children and can also lead to a rare type of brain damage.
House of Nutrition highly recommends you speak with your doctor before consuming any supplements to ensure the safety and well-being of both you and your child.
Purchase Your Health Supplements Today
Your body is a temple and should be treated like one! We are here to help you every step of the way and adjust your health supplements accordingly to make sure you are reaching your full potential of a fulfilled, healthy life! Visit our store today, or order your health supplements online, and we will deliver them right to your front door!