In our continuing series on vitamins, The House of Nutrition in Poughkeepsie will dive deeper into specific vitamins and their benefits to the body. We offer vitamin delivery service for those who can’t make it into our storefront. Order your natural health supplements today!
MORE VITAMINS YOUR BODY NEEDS
- Niacin. Niacin is a type of vitamin B that helps to maintain healthy skin and nerves.
- Folate. Folate is another name for folic acid. This vitamin is usually recommended for women to take while pregnant, as it helps to prevent spina bifida, a birth defect that affects the spine. Folate helps vitamin B12 make red blood cells and is also needed in your body’s production of DNA, the building blocks of your cells.
- Riboflavin. Riboflavin or vitamin B2, assists the other B vitamins in their work. Riboflavin helps the body grow and produce red blood cells.
- Thiamine. Thiamine, or vitamin B1, again helps with your body’s cellular processes, your heart function, and your cells to be healthy. In this case, thiamine helps the body process carbohydrates that you consume and turn them into energy. Despite the push back against carbohydrates by some of the major fad diets, your body needs carbohydrates in order to function properly. Carbohydrates help women produce enough milk while breastfeeding and is food for your brain.
- Biotin. Biotin is another vitamin your body needs for metabolic purposes. Biotin is essential for the metabolism of proteins and carbohydrates, which is what gives your body energy to function. It also helps with the production of hormones and cholesterol. Hormones are responsible for growth, metabolism, and fertility, as well as play an important role in dozens of other processes in the body.
- Pantothenic acid. Pantothenic acid, or vitamin B5, is a natural vitamin essential for the metabolism of food. It also helps with hormone production and cholesterol like biotin. This vitamin is found in leafy greens, and we don’t hear much about this guy because very rarely can you have a vitamin deficiency unless you are severely malnourished.
As you can see, vitamins are a very important part of our diet, and it’s important you get the recommended daily doses for optimal bodily functioning. Ideally, this should be through a balanced diet, rich in fruit and vegetables. However, we all know that sometimes we just don’t eat the variety of foods that is required in order to receive all these wonderful natural vitamins. Thus, The House of Nutrition in Poughkeepsie offers vitamin supplements in our herbal supplement store in order to help you obtain all these vitamins you need for healthy living. We offer vitamins singularly or as a multi-vitamin meant to be taken daily. We also offer health vitamin supplements for kids.
In addition to our wide selection of the best brands of natural vitamins, we also offer a wide variety of other health supplements, including sports nutrition supplements for when you workout. We encourage you to visit The House of Nutrition in Poughkeepsie today, or order our vitamin delivery service!